Re: [soapbuilders] DIME protocol

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
      > Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident
      > that MTOM will be the last word in attachments ?

      I am totally confident, if only for political reasons.
      /r$
    • Dick Brooks
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
        Gartner issued a release on August 26, 2004 titled "ebXML's Future Appears
        Brightest in Messaging". ebXML's Message Service uses Soap with Attachments,
        which seems to have momentum on the attachments front. Here are a few
        excerpts from Gartners report:

        By early 2006, as many as 75 percent of
        middleware vendors will offer ebMS support
        (0.8 probability).

        By 2006, 25 percent of enterprises with
        B2B-centric Web services deployments will
        use a combination of ebMS and Secure
        Sockets Layer to secure their Web services
        communications (0.6 probability).

        Dick Brooks
        B2B Application Integration and CyberSecurity Consultant
        Lowell, Massachusetts
        http://www.tech-comm.com/dbc
        US Telephone: 602-684-1484
        EU Telephone: +353 86 050-9248