Re: [soapbuilders] DIME protocol

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
      Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident
      that MTOM will be the last word in attachments ?

      www.pocketsoap.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
        > Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident
        > that MTOM will be the last word in attachments ?

        I am totally confident, if only for political reasons.
        /r$
      • Dick Brooks
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
          Gartner issued a release on August 26, 2004 titled "ebXML's Future Appears
          Brightest in Messaging". ebXML's Message Service uses Soap with Attachments,
          which seems to have momentum on the attachments front. Here are a few
          excerpts from Gartners report:

          By early 2006, as many as 75 percent of
          middleware vendors will offer ebMS support
          (0.8 probability).

          By 2006, 25 percent of enterprises with
          B2B-centric Web services deployments will
          use a combination of ebMS and Secure
          Sockets Layer to secure their Web services
          communications (0.6 probability).

          Dick Brooks
          B2B Application Integration and CyberSecurity Consultant
          Lowell, Massachusetts
          http://www.tech-comm.com/dbc
          US Telephone: 602-684-1484
          EU Telephone: +353 86 050-9248

          Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident that MTOM
          will be the last word in attachments ?

          www.pocketsoap.com

          On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:03:39 -0400, in ws you wrote:

          >That is a perfectly on-target question in terms of the group's scope.
          >I know that Axis (http://ws.apache.org/axis) supports DIME, and I
          >believe Systinet's WASP does as well - there may also be others.
          >
          >Note that into the future, DIME will be eclipsed by MTOM/XOP...
          >
          >--Glen

        • rickscycles
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2004
            Thank you very much.