DIME protocol

  • rickscycles
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
      Dear Group,

      I am new to this group, so please forgive me if you feel this post
      does not correspond to the forum's theme. I have a .NET web service
      that queries a database and returns a massive number of records. Our
      research group would like an implementation of this service that
      returns the data as XML and another as a DIME attachment. My
      question refers to the interoperability of DIME. Are there any Java
      based soap toolkits that support DIME? We anticipate heavy usage of
      Java clients to access this .NET service. Thank you all for your
      time.
    • Glen Daniels
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
        That is a perfectly on-target question in terms of the group's scope. I
        know that Axis (http://ws.apache.org/axis) supports DIME, and I believe
        Systinet's WASP does as well - there may also be others.

        Note that into the future, DIME will be eclipsed by MTOM/XOP...

        --Glen

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
          Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident
          that MTOM will be the last word in attachments ?

          www.pocketsoap.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
            > Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident
            > that MTOM will be the last word in attachments ?

            I am totally confident, if only for political reasons.
            /r$
          • Dick Brooks
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
              Gartner issued a release on August 26, 2004 titled "ebXML's Future Appears
              Brightest in Messaging". ebXML's Message Service uses Soap with Attachments,
              which seems to have momentum on the attachments front. Here are a few
              excerpts from Gartners report:

              By early 2006, as many as 75 percent of
              middleware vendors will offer ebMS support
              (0.8 probability).

              By 2006, 25 percent of enterprises with
              B2B-centric Web services deployments will
              use a combination of ebMS and Secure
              Sockets Layer to secure their Web services
              communications (0.6 probability).

              Dick Brooks
              B2B Application Integration and CyberSecurity Consultant
              Lowell, Massachusetts
              http://www.tech-comm.com/dbc
              US Telephone: 602-684-1484
              EU Telephone: +353 86 050-9248

              Since you bring up MTOM, how many tool builders here are confident that MTOM
              will be the last word in attachments ?

              www.pocketsoap.com

              On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:03:39 -0400, in ws you wrote:

              >That is a perfectly on-target question in terms of the group's scope.
              >I know that Axis (http://ws.apache.org/axis) supports DIME, and I
              >believe Systinet's WASP does as well - there may also be others.
              >
              >Note that into the future, DIME will be eclipsed by MTOM/XOP...
              >
              >--Glen

            • rickscycles
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 10, 2004
                Thank you very much.