Re: [soapbuilders] soap.tcp implementation

  • Dennis Sosnoski
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2004
      I'd checked this before. As far as I can see there's a lot about using
      soap.tcp, but nothing that describes the wire format. Is it just DIME
      containing the SOAP envelope, or is there some kind of header possible
      (SOAPAction, etc.)? The sample wire captures (such as Figure 11 from
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/XMLFiles/default.aspx)
      appear to have some data preceding the actual XML text, since this
      doesn't start on a 4-octet boundary. Also, is there any significance to
      the ID values (for instance, is the response ID related to the request
      ID)? For that matter, what's the default port used for this? Etc.

      I was hoping someone had actually written a technical note describing
      what they were doing for interop purposes, and haven't been able to find
      anything of the sort as of yet.

      - Dennis

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2004
        Is it the DIME/TCP binding that's described in the WS-Routing spec ?

        www.pocketsoap.com

        On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:17:52 -0700, in ws you wrote:

        >I'd checked this before. As far as I can see there's a lot about using
        >soap.tcp, but nothing that describes the wire format. Is it just DIME
        >containing the SOAP envelope, or is there some kind of header possible
        >(SOAPAction, etc.)? The sample wire captures (such as Figure 11 from
        >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/XMLFiles/default.aspx)
        >appear to have some data preceding the actual XML text, since this
        >doesn't start on a 4-octet boundary. Also, is there any significance to
        >the ID values (for instance, is the response ID related to the request
        >ID)? For that matter, what's the default port used for this? Etc.
        >
        >I was hoping someone had actually written a technical note describing
        >what they were doing for interop purposes, and haven't been able to find
        >anything of the sort as of yet.
        >
        > - Dennis
        >
        >Davanum Srinivas wrote:
        >
        >>http://www.google.com/search?q=soap.tcp+site%3Amicrosoft.com ??
        >>
        >>On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:28:35 -0700, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@...> wrote:
        >>

        >>>Does anyone know where to find details of the soap.tcp implementation MS
        >>>has defined for WSE 2.0? I'm implementing socket support for both
        >>>JibxSoap and Axis, and would prefer to be compatible with the MS
        >>>formats. It appears to be based on using DIME wrappers for messages
        >>>being exchanged, but I'm interested in the full details. Hopefully this
        >>>isn't a case of the implementation is the specification...
        >>>
        >>> - Dennis

      • Dennis Sosnoski
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2004
          Looks similar (at least in that both are using DIME on a socket
          connection), but the soap.tcp capture shows a message type of
          "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" rather than the
          "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/rp/" the WS-Routing proposal references.

          - Dennis