can not find binding definition

  • ara_tech2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27 6:34 AM
      Hello All,

      I am trying to implement a web service in C++.

      I have one xsd (for <types> in wsdl) and 2 wsdl files(for portType
      and binding).

      i have imported xsd into portType; portType into binding. and
      when i try to import binding into <service> of <definitions> and try
      to create a proxy file using wsdl.exe, this tool complains the
      following compiler error:
      "Can not find definition for myNamespace:myBinding". Service
      Description with namespace myNamespace is missing.

      Parameter name: name

      i don't understand whatz going wrong!! i have different namespaces
      for each file, and i have also correctly imported. even i have
      provided full file path in schemaLoaction
      like "file://D:/portType.wsdl".( i tried with all the options, just
      giving file name, file name with directory and as shown above)

      but still facing problems.

      could any one help me?

      aravind
    • mahesh.naik@wipro.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27 6:51 AM
        Hi Aravind,
        If i am not mistaken, you are trying to create a proxy file from the 3 wsdl files which you have for the existing webservice.
        I also faced a similar prb with creating a proxy sometime back.
        Well the solution as it turns out is very simple.
        while creating a proxy file, give reference to all the 3 wsdl files which you have, and it will create a proxy file for you.

        I work on .NET so I used the command similar to this.
        wsdl first.wsdl second.wsdl third.wsdl ...
        This generated a proper proxy file without any issues.

        Hope this helps.

        Thanks
        Mahesh Naik