Getting java2wsdl to recognize javax.activation.DataHandler

  • kiran_anantha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004

      I am trying to expose a method that takes a
      javax.activation.DataHandler as a parameter. When I run the java2wsdl
      against the interface, I get the message:

      The class javax.activation.DataHandler is defined in a java or javax
      package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type. An xml
      schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.

      This appears to be a common (newbie?) question on the Axis-SOAP
      mailing list also. But I couldn't find any answers.

      Do I have subclass Java2WSDL and provide my own type mapping?

      Any pointers will be greatly appreciated,
      Thanks,
      Kiran.