custom faultcodes

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 21, 2004

      If i'm defining custom values for the faultcode element of a
      Soap:Fault, how do i declare these in my XSD schema ? e.g. i return a
      SOAP:Fault of

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:sf="http://simon.fell.com/soapfaults">
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode>sf:DontLikeMondays</faultcode>
      <faultstring>We don't like mondays, please try again
      tomorrow</faultstring>
      </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      the faultcode is an QName of
      {http://simon.fell.com/soapfaults}DontLikeMondays how do i define that
      QName in the schema for the http://simon.fell.com/soapfaults
      namespace ?

      Thanks
      Simon
      www.pocketsoap.com
    • Jim Murphy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
        Anyone know of live SwA endpoints? I caught some from the round4
        interop-a-thon. Wondering if there are others with other WSDLs?

        Thanks

        Jim
        Mindreef, Inc.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004

          Can't you restrict QName in the manner done for SOAP 1.2:

          <xs:simpleType name="myFaultCodes"
          xmlns:sf="http://simon.fell.com/soapfaults">
          <xs:restriction base="xs:QName">
          <xs:enumeration value="sf:DontLikeMondays"/>
          <xs:enumeration value="sf:DoLikeFridays"/>
          </xs:restriction>
          </xs:simpleType>

          ?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
            Jim:

            OpenLink Virtuoso has several endpoints for SwA. You can view our interop
            page at http://www.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/interop/index.htm which has all
            the relevant links includeing our SOAP interop at
            http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/documents/ This link includes
            the link for the Round4 tests
            http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/documents/.

            Let me know if you need anything else.

            Regards,

            Deirdre Gerhardt
            Product Manager (Virtuoso Universal Server)
            OpenLink Software
            Universal Server Technology Providers
            http://www.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/whatis.htm

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
              Jim,

              I inadvertently cut off of the link for the round4 tests which is

              http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/documents/round4.html

              Deirdre

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2004
                Systinet live endpoints for round4, which includes SwA are listed at [1]

                Tomas Bahnik
                Systinet Corp

                [1] http://soap.systinet.net/interop/round4.html

                > Anyone know of live SwA endpoints? I caught some from the round4
                > interop-a-thon. Wondering if there are others with other WSDLs?
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Jim
                > Mindreef, Inc.

              • Jim Murphy
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 27, 2004
                  Thanks Deirdre,

                  I'll add those to our test suite.

                  Jim Murphy
                  Mindreef, Inc.

                  Deirdre Gerhardt wrote:

                  > Jim,
                  >
                  > I inadvertently cut off of the link for the round4 tests which is
                  >
                  > http://demo.openlinksw.com:8890/Interop/documents/round4.html
                  >

                  > Deirdre

                • Jim Murphy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 27, 2004
                    Tomas,

                    As usual, Systinet is a very reliable source for good test servers.
                    We're using your live endpoints in our test suite.

                    Thanks again,

                    Jim Murphy
                    Mindreef, Inc.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
                      Yeah, that's what i ended up doing, unfortuantly i've yet to find a
                      tool that will actually do anything useful with this info (.NET
                      ignores it beacuse nothing in the WSDL references it), Axis
                      (apparently to jax-rpc rules) genertes a class with meaningless names
                      (value1, value2, value3) to represent each of the enum values.

                      www.pocketsoap.com