Ensure Axis 1.2 Final will work for you (Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2)
- If there's a bug you wish to see fixed in Axis 1.2 final, read on...
- If there is no bug currently in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira), please create one.
- If there is a bug existing in JIRA, then Make sure there is enough
information (a test case) to recreate the bug
- Make sure you try latest CVS (or) Axis 1.2 Beta2 to ensure that
problem still exists and
can be recreated. You can pick up a nightly build at:
- If you need a snapshot of the sources
- pick a tar from (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ws-axis/)
- use CVS directly (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html)
- use CVSGrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/)
- If you wanna build the sources - details are at:
- Please cast a VOTE on existing bugs in JIRA to indicate that you are
interested in getting a specific bug fixed.
- We sometimes use IRC to chat. details are at:
- If you have a patch, please submit it against the latest CVS.
details on patches submission are at:
- If you have the time, please run "ant clean all-tests" from the
ws-axis/java directory. this will run all the tests to ensure that
your patch has not broken any other tests.
Bottom Line: IF you REALLY want a bug fixed, submit a patch against
latest CVS and make sure you have a test case for us to recreate the
problem and check the fix and prevent future check-ins from breaking
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:51:57 -0400, Glen Daniels <glen@...> wrote:
> Hi y'all:
> The Axis team would like to announce that Axis 1.2 beta 2 has been released.
> This version has passed both the JAX-RPC 1.1 and the SAAJ 1.2 TCKs, and is
> just about ready to ship. There are a few other bugs we're considering
> fixing, and we do expect some further doc updates in the next week or two.
> If you use Axis, please download the new version at:
> Try it out, kick the tires, and please let us know if you have comments or
> questions. Bugs should be reported using JIRA:
> --Glen on behalf of the Axis team
Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/
- Hi Toshi.
> It seems that you set not '1.2beta2' but '1.2beta' as theWeird - something must have been up with dependency checking, since I know I
> axisVersion when you built the released package. IMHO, it
> might have a confusion on checking the active version of Axis
> with 'java org.apache.axis.Version'.
> Should we release an updated version very soon ?
updated the property correctly in the source file. I confirmed my
environment settings, rebuilt again just now, and will refresh the mirrors
this afternoon. Thanks for noticing this!
- Hi Glen,
Okey, sounds good to me. And thank you for
your quick reaction to this matter !
I'll be able to have a quiet sleep tonight :)
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Toshi.
>> It seems that you set not '1.2beta2' but '1.2beta' as the
>> axisVersion when you built the released package. IMHO, it
>> might have a confusion on checking the active version of Axis
>> with 'java org.apache.axis.Version'.
>> Should we release an updated version very soon ?
> Weird - something must have been up with dependency checking,
> since I know I updated the property correctly in the source file.
> I confirmed my environment settings, rebuilt again just now, and
> will refresh the mirrors this afternoon. Thanks for noticing this!