Ensure Axis 1.2 Final will work for you (Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2)

  • Davanum Srinivas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
      If there's a bug you wish to see fixed in Axis 1.2 final, read on...

      - If there is no bug currently in JIRA
      (http://issues.apache.org/jira), please create one.
      - If there is a bug existing in JIRA, then Make sure there is enough
      information (a test case) to recreate the bug
      - Make sure you try latest CVS (or) Axis 1.2 Beta2 to ensure that
      problem still exists and
      can be recreated. You can pick up a nightly build at:
      http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly/
      - If you need a snapshot of the sources
      - pick a tar from (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ws-axis/)
      - use CVS directly (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html)
      - use CVSGrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/)
      - If you wanna build the sources - details are at:
      http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/building-axis.html
      - Please cast a VOTE on existing bugs in JIRA to indicate that you are
      interested in getting a specific bug fixed.
      - We sometimes use IRC to chat. details are at:
      http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IrcChannels
      - If you have a patch, please submit it against the latest CVS.
      details on patches submission are at:
      http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages/SubmitPatches
      - If you have the time, please run "ant clean all-tests" from the
      ws-axis/java directory. this will run all the tests to ensure that
      your patch has not broken any other tests.

      Bottom Line: IF you REALLY want a bug fixed, submit a patch against
      latest CVS and make sure you have a test case for us to recreate the
      problem and check the fix and prevent future check-ins from breaking
      your "feature".

      Thanks,
      dims

      On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:51:57 -0400, Glen Daniels <glen@...> wrote:
      > Hi y'all:
      >
      > The Axis team would like to announce that Axis 1.2 beta 2 has been released.
      >
      > This version has passed both the JAX-RPC 1.1 and the SAAJ 1.2 TCKs, and is
      > just about ready to ship. There are a few other bugs we're considering
      > fixing, and we do expect some further doc updates in the next week or two.
      >
      > If you use Axis, please download the new version at:
      >
      > http://archive.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_2beta2/
      >
      > Try it out, kick the tires, and please let us know if you have comments or
      > questions. Bugs should be reported using JIRA:
      >
      > http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10460
      >
      > Thanks,
      > --Glen on behalf of the Axis team

    • Glen Daniels
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2004
        Hi Toshi.

        > It seems that you set not '1.2beta2' but '1.2beta' as the
        > axisVersion when you built the released package. IMHO, it
        > might have a confusion on checking the active version of Axis
        > with 'java org.apache.axis.Version'.
        >
        > Should we release an updated version very soon ?

        Weird - something must have been up with dependency checking, since I know I
        updated the property correctly in the source file. I confirmed my
        environment settings, rebuilt again just now, and will refresh the mirrors
        this afternoon. Thanks for noticing this!

        --Glen
      • Toshiyuki Kimura
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2004
          Hi Glen,

          Okey, sounds good to me. And thank you for
          your quick reaction to this matter !

          I'll be able to have a quiet sleep tonight :)

          Regards,

          Toshi <toshi@...>