ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2

  • Glen Daniels
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
      Hi y'all:

      The Axis team would like to announce that Axis 1.2 beta 2 has been released.

      This version has passed both the JAX-RPC 1.1 and the SAAJ 1.2 TCKs, and is
      just about ready to ship. There are a few other bugs we're considering
      fixing, and we do expect some further doc updates in the next week or two.

      If you use Axis, please download the new version at:

      http://archive.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_2beta2/

      Try it out, kick the tires, and please let us know if you have comments or
      questions. Bugs should be reported using JIRA:

      http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10460

      Thanks,
      --Glen on behalf of the Axis team
    • Davanum Srinivas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
        If there's a bug you wish to see fixed in Axis 1.2 final, read on...

        - If there is no bug currently in JIRA
        (http://issues.apache.org/jira), please create one.
        - If there is a bug existing in JIRA, then Make sure there is enough
        information (a test case) to recreate the bug
        - Make sure you try latest CVS (or) Axis 1.2 Beta2 to ensure that
        problem still exists and
        can be recreated. You can pick up a nightly build at:
        http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly/
        - If you need a snapshot of the sources
        - pick a tar from (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ws-axis/)
        - use CVS directly (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html)
        - use CVSGrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/)
        - If you wanna build the sources - details are at:
        http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/building-axis.html
        - Please cast a VOTE on existing bugs in JIRA to indicate that you are
        interested in getting a specific bug fixed.
        - We sometimes use IRC to chat. details are at:
        http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IrcChannels
        - If you have a patch, please submit it against the latest CVS.
        details on patches submission are at:
        http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages/SubmitPatches
        - If you have the time, please run "ant clean all-tests" from the
        ws-axis/java directory. this will run all the tests to ensure that
        your patch has not broken any other tests.

        Bottom Line: IF you REALLY want a bug fixed, submit a patch against
        latest CVS and make sure you have a test case for us to recreate the
        problem and check the fix and prevent future check-ins from breaking
        your "feature".

        Thanks,
        dims

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2004
          Hi Toshi.

          > It seems that you set not '1.2beta2' but '1.2beta' as the
          > axisVersion when you built the released package. IMHO, it
          > might have a confusion on checking the active version of Axis
          > with 'java org.apache.axis.Version'.
          >
          > Should we release an updated version very soon ?

          Weird - something must have been up with dependency checking, since I know I
          updated the property correctly in the source file. I confirmed my
          environment settings, rebuilt again just now, and will refresh the mirrors
          this afternoon. Thanks for noticing this!

          --Glen
        • Toshiyuki Kimura
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2004
            Hi Glen,

            Okey, sounds good to me. And thank you for
            your quick reaction to this matter !

            I'll be able to have a quiet sleep tonight :)

            Regards,

            Toshi <toshi@...>