Re: [soapbuilders] pure doclit/soap1.2 interop tests

  • Nelson Minar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2004
      >I have a friend, who has a soap impl that has zero 'legacy' support. No
      >rpc/encoded, no SOAP1.1. It makes life significantly easier, he says,
      >and I am inclined to agree.

      I can imagine. I would encourage your friend to write up his
      experience building such a toolkit and publish it somewhere. And if at
      all possible, to release it. The world needs to see stuff like this.

      To my distant eye, both Perl and Python are mired in rpc/encoded
      support right now. Perl SOAP::Lite doesn't even really try to do
      document/literal now. Python ZSI comes closer, but isn't there yet.

      >He'd like to do some interop testing. What should he be testing against?

      In addition to the SOAPbuilders interop work, your friend may find the
      WS-I tools interesting. They're at http://www.ws-i.org/