Possible/practical to build a web service where the body is "xsd:any"?

  • Karr, David
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 8:11 AM
      I'm trying to investigate whether it's practical to build a web service
      (either SOAP-based or raw XML) that expects the body to be "xsd:any",
      and not even with an expected root element name.

      I'm using WebLogic 8.1SP2, but I'd like to know whether this is
      practical in some other implementation.

      In WebLogic, it uses the name of the root element to select the
      operation method name. My goal is to set up my web service so that my
      operation is called no matter what the root element is.

      Is this possible?