Deserialization of doubles in MS SOAP

  • Jonathan Pinnock
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      Anyone out there able to help with this one?

      I've generated an WSDL file from a simple COM object using the
      wsdlgen tool in the MS SOAP toolkit 2.0 beta. I've then built a Java
      client using the IBM WSTK. With a bit of tinkering, I can get it to
      talk to my MS server, and I can access methods remotely using string
      parameters. The problem arises when I attempt to pass double
      parameters across - the MS server seems to ignore the decimal point.
      For instance, 1.234 is interpreted as 1234. I've snooped the outgoing
      SOAP packet, and this is the relevant segment:

      ... <InValue xsi:type="xsd:double">1.234</InValue> ...

      Does this ring any bells? Is there a bug in MS, or might I have done
      something stupid with the WSDL file at the Java end in order to
      generate the Java class?

      TIA,

      Jon
    • Mike Deem
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
        I'm pretty sure was a bug in Beta 1 that has been fixed. Beta 2 is all but
        released.....

        == Mike ==

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
          Many thanks. I'll look forward to Beta 2 ...

          Jon