SOAP Builder

  • beppecosta
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm developing some web services to let our iSeries (AS/400)
      communicate with our Head Office Mainframe (I'm working in a bank).

      We MUST use low level programming (RPG/COBOL) application with
      sockets (so forget java & .net) and in this case we have to build
      SOAP message manually (as a string) from WSDL.

      The soapclient.com/SOAPbuilder is great however we have some problems
      with services available on private ports, or wsdl stored on local PC,
      because with the SOAP Builder we cannot access them.

      Now we move the WSDL into a folder that can be accessed by http at 80
      but it's always a painful job (we have to fill a lot of requests and
      wait for a long time).

      Maybe can I find standalone tool that can be used from a cmdline like:

      WSDL2SOAP
      -i c:\service.wsdl
      -m method
      -o c:\service.soap