About Sign In and Authentication with Web Services

  • Soheil Dowlatshahi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2004
      Hello Dears

      I Have to design a Client/Server application with Apache Axis 1.1.

      The Client side must use a web service method (for example signIn(String
      userName, String password) for authentication.

      and then the client can call other services offered by server by means of
      its session info.

      Do you have an refrence , pattern or sample code for this problem?

      I try to use ServiceLifeCycle interface and use its initialization Context
      object which is pass during calling the init method of Implemented Service.
      In this Context we can use getSession for retreiving the HttpSession Object.

      Is It Ok? or you suggest using another method (like writing handlers or ...)

      Please Help mee

      Sincerely yours
      Soheil Dowlatshahi

      Messenger  -  Wer in Echtzeit kommunizieren will, lädt den MSN Messenger.
      Cool, kostenlos und mit 3D Emoticons: http://messenger.msn.de
    • Christo Popov
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2004
        Hi,

        I will have to do the same thing, but I have not
        started yet. I was thinking about handlers. They have
        acces to a MessageContext object, which contains many
        useful attributes, such as HTTP Session.

        Christophe

        --- Soheil Dowlatshahi
        <soheil_dowlatshahi@...> a écrit : > Hello