Re: [soapbuilders] Whitespaces in XML specially in SOAP Body

  • Jacek Kopecky
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2004
      Saikat,

      whitespace in SOAP Body is considered significant by SOAP and therefore
      can only be changed by the actual application. I think the issue here is
      more about the understanding of what WSDL has to say with regards to
      whitespace in the Body (since WSDL defines the Body). I'll raise this
      issue in the W3C's WS-Description working group.

      Best regards,

      Jacek Kopecky

      Systinet Corporation
      http://www.systinet.com/

      On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 00:55, saikat.saha@... wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > We have observed that various soap processors behave differently in
      > regard to the whitespaces within soap envelope which has caused some
      > interoperation issues and I believe this is a widely discussed issue.
      >
      > Soap 1.2 Message Normalization
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/NOTE-soap12-n11n-20031008/ does mention in
      > section 3 as below
      > Whitespace character information items that are children of the SOAP
      > Envelope , Header , Fault , Code , Subcode , Value , Reason , Node and
      > Role element information items are removed.
      >
      > However this does not address Soap Body. Can anybody please help me in
      > finding how it should be handled when it comes to whitespaces inside
      > soapbody?
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Saikat

    • Jacek Kopecky