Re: Help required on Digest Authentication !!

  • jimmyyw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      Anshuk,

      I assume you meant
      Connector.ConnectorProperty("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 8
      and NOT (as you have below)
      Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 8

      I believe STK3.0 defaults to using NTLM or Negotiate auth type.

      Also, I assume you have configured the IIS web site to allow for
      Digest auth and with the proper realm information.

      Jimmy

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Anshuk Jain" <anshuk@g...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Web Server: IIS 6.0
      > OS: Windows Server 2003
      > Client: VB 6.0 with SOAP tool kit
      >
      > We need to setup "Digest Authentication" for a Web Service which is
      > hosted on a IIS Web Server. A VB 6.0 client connects to the Web
      > Service using SOAP tool kit.
      > We have enabled the Digest Authentication in the Web Server.
      >
      > According to the SOAP tool kit user help, the following is
      prescribed
      > for Digest Authentication.
      > Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 8
      >
      > With the above code when the client tries to connect to the web
      > service, it is giving the following error message. " "No matching
      > authorization scheme enable on connector". But, with the same
      > authentication in the web server if we connect to the web service
      > from IE client, it is working fine.
      >
      > At the same time when we change the Authentication mode to "Basic"
      in
      > the web server and change the VB 6.0 code as below then it is
      working
      > fine.
      > Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 1
      >
      > We want to know how this could be resolved so that the VB 6.0
      client
      > could connect to the web service with "Digest" authentication.
      > Any pointers on this will be appreciated.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Anshuk Jain
    • Anshuk Jain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
        Hi Jimmy,

        Thank you for responding.

        We are using
        Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 8
        as given in the STK3.0 user guide.

        Excerpts from the user guide:
        Dim Connector As ISoapConnector
        Set Connector = New HttpConnector30
        Connector.Property("EndPointURL") = "some URL"
        Connector.Property("SoapAction") = "a SOAP Action"
        HttpConnector30 object doesn't have a method called ConnectorProperty
        ()

        Also when we configure our web server for Basic Auth and change the
        client code to:
        Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 1
        it works fine.

        Yes, we have already configured the IIS web site for digest auth and
        with proper realm information.
        We checked this by connecting to the web service using IE6.0. It
        connected and authenticated us properly.

        But still the client code in VB6 STK3.0 is not able to connect.

        Let me know if you have any more
        Regards,
        Anshuk Jain