What is...

  • Christopher Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
      ...up, everyone?

      I've been looking through the message archives here, and have noticed
      that about half of the questions/messages posted on this list never
      get answered (at least to the rest of the list, anyway).

      Is there something I don't know about? Is someone not liking the
      types of questions being asked, even if they are general questions
      (such as the ones I asked, which seem to be rather similar to the
      ones others have asked without published answers)?

      I know the title of the group says "SOAP Builders", but does that
      mean newcomers to the SOAP community aren't welcome? Where's an
      aspiring SOAP developer to go to get answers to some of their most
      basic questions if they can't go to an already experienced SOAP
      developer (or community of expeirenced SOAP developers, for that
      matter)?

      Would someone like to let me in on the secret? What does one have to
      do to be "one of the crowd" on this list, and get some questions
      answered?

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
        This list is targeted at people building SOAP toolkits to cover spec issues, cross toolkit
        interop issues etc., not for people bulding applications that use SOAP.

        www.pocketsoap.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
          Hm. This is your second posting. It's a complaint, basically, that you
          didn't get any responses to your general question posted less than 36
          hours before.

          You've skimmed the archives, you see what kind of discussion happens
          and doesn't, and you seem to understand that this list is for people
          developing SOAP toolkits, not the folks using those toolkits. Saying
          "yeah, but..." really isn't good enough to compel a response. :)

          If the SOAPLite website directed you here, then they're making
          a mistake. The folks writing SOAPLite should -- and do -- hang
          out here.

          There are lots of better places for the kind of information you want.
          Try webservices.org, xml.com, webservices.xml.com, msdn.com, etc.
          Then help out your toolkit provider and write up a nice set of link
          references for them to update their website.
          Rich Salz Chief Security Architect
          XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
          XML Security Overview http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html
        • Christopher Parker
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
            --- Simon Fell <ws@...> wrote:
            This list is targeted at people building SOAP toolkits to cover spec issues, cross toolkit
            interop issues etc., not for people bulding applications that use SOAP.
            -----

            Ah. This more than answers my question. Apparently, the link to this list was somewhat misleading.

            Thank you for the clarification.
          • Bassem HAIDAR
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
              hello