Security for SOAP

  • aimlion11
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
      I have a webservice. The client has a page on their site that, when
      the user click the submit button, goes to my webservice and returns
      data to the client's page.

      People could not get it to work. I discovered that they must change
      their browser's security settings under "Miscellaneous-->Access data
      sources across domains" to "prompt" or "enable". Really? This is
      what people must do to take advantage of webservices??? Someone
      please tell me this is not so.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
        > I discovered that they must change
        > their browser's security settings under "Miscellaneous-->Access data
        > sources across domains" to "prompt" or "enable". Really? This is
        > what people must do to take advantage of webservices??? Someone
        > please tell me this is not so.

        Okay, this is not so. Web Services aren't always completely
        dependant on one vendor's browser with its arcane and buggy
        security system.

        Rich Salz Chief Security Architect
        XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
        XML Security Overview http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html