ANNOUNCE: Release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha)

  • Susantha Kumara
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      We are proud to announce the release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha).
      This implementation of a C++ SOAP engine provides a stable platform
      for developing Web services using C/C++ as well as a client side
      library for developing C/C++ client applications. This release
      includes the following features:

          - SOAP engine with both client and server support
          - Partial support for both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2
          - WSDD based deployment with dynamic deployment tools.
          - Support for all basic types, complex types and arrays
          - WSDL2WS tool for building C/C++ components from WSDL
              Server side - Skeletons and Wrappers
              Client side - Stubs
          - WSDL2WS tool generated wrappers act as RPC Providers and they perform
              Serialization
              Deserialization
              Method invocation
          - WSDLs hosted statistically in the server.
          - Standalone SOAP server (HTTP)
          - Web server modules for Apache HTTPD 1.3 (Linux/Windows)
          - Web interface to the deployed services and their WSDLs.
          - Sample web services and client applications.
          - Supportive documentation for developers and users.

      Both binary and source are available at Apache mirror sites:

      http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis-c/

      We invite all interested Web services developers and users to
      evaluate Axis C++ and give us feedback and help improve Axis C++
      to be the best C/C++ SOAP engine.

      Please direct user questions to
      axis-user@... and any
      bug reports, patches, suggestions for improvement etc. to
      axis-dev@....

      The Axis C++ Development Team.