ANNOUNCE: Release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha)
- We are proud to announce the release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha).
This implementation of a C++ SOAP engine provides a stable platform
for developing Web services using C/C++ as well as a client side
library for developing C/C++ client applications. This release
includes the following features:
- SOAP engine with both client and server support
- Partial support for both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2
- WSDD based deployment with dynamic deployment tools.
- Support for all basic types, complex types and arrays
- WSDL2WS tool for building C/C++ components from WSDL
Server side - Skeletons and Wrappers
Client side - Stubs
- WSDL2WS tool generated wrappers act as RPC Providers and they perform
- WSDLs hosted statistically in the server.
- Standalone SOAP server (HTTP)
- Web server modules for Apache HTTPD 1.3 (Linux/Windows)
- Web interface to the deployed services and their WSDLs.
- Sample web services and client applications.
- Supportive documentation for developers and users.
Both binary and source are available at Apache mirror sites:
We invite all interested Web services developers and users to
evaluate Axis C++ and give us feedback and help improve Axis C++
to be the best C/C++ SOAP engine.
Please direct user questions to axis-user@... and any
bug reports, patches, suggestions for improvement etc. to
The Axis C++ Development Team.