Call to participate in the design and implementation of a SOAP Message Monitor

  • lauzond2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      The Eclipse project, WSVT (Web Service Validation Tools), is
      starting work on a SOAP Message Monitor and Debugger. We have begun
      fleshing out the requirements and have an initial draft. We are now
      looking for feedback, comments or contributions. The document is
      located on our project website, http://www.eclipse.org/wsvt, or you
      can directly access it here,
      http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/wsvt-
      home/docs/articles/soapMessageMonitor/index.html.

      We are looking to design and implement a SOAP Message Monitor and
      Debugger that can serve both as a testing tool for web services
      during development and as a diagnostic tool for web services during
      deployment. Among other things, the tool should include the
      following features:

      1. the ability to resend messages already captured.
      2. the ability to set break points on:
      -- a message (which could be used by more than one operation);
      -- an operation;
      -- a binding (i.e., any message for any operation in the binding)
      and
      -- a port (i.e., any message for a specific endpoint).

      Volunteers? Any feedback, comments or contributions?