Perl SOAP client timeout problem

  • Balaji Parthasarathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
      I'm having a Perl SOAP timeout problem on client side (Error is: 500 read timeout at .... line 44). How do I increase the timeout value. I tried these

      1) my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:load')
      -> proxy('http://blah.blah.com/webservices/test', timeout => 30)
      -> someMethod(a, b, c, d);

      2) my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:load')
      -> proxy('http://blah.blah.com:8081/webservices/test');

      eval { $soap->transport->timeout(30) };
      $res = $soap->someMethod(a, b, c, d);

      The webservice takes information about a file and does a FTP pull. Interesting thing is even though my client dies at timeout the server finishes the FTP successfully.

      Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW, is the timeout in "seconds" or "milliseconds" or "minutes"?

      Thanks
      Balaji

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • bparthas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
        Hmmm.....looks like I spoke too soon. I set the timeout value to 600
        and it works.

        Balaji

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Balaji Parthasarathy