MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0 & Apache Axis Interoperability

  • Venu Kanaparthy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2003
      Hi folks,

      I have a web service developed in Axis, input to the service is
      customer address and output is list of customers.

      I have a client in Visual Basic and uses MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0.

      I get following error when i send a SOAP message.

      SoapMapper: "Restoring Data into SoapMapper GetParcelsResult failed
      HRESULT=0X800A005B - Client:Unspecified error. HRESULT=0x800AOO5B

      Please lookat my wsdl and other documents. Any pointers will be great
      help.

      http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/

      Thanks,
      Venu
    • Steve Loughran
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
        soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:00:57 -0000
        > From: "Venu Kanaparthy" <madhavsinghk@...>
        > Subject: MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0 & Apache Axis Interoperability
        >
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I have a web service developed in Axis, input to the service is
        > customer address and output is list of customers.
        >
        > I have a client in Visual Basic and uses MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0.
        >
        > I get following error when i send a SOAP message.
        >
        > SoapMapper: "Restoring Data into SoapMapper GetParcelsResult failed
        > HRESULT=0X800A005B - Client:Unspecified error. HRESULT=0x800AOO5B
        >
        > Please lookat my wsdl and other documents. Any pointers will be great
        > help.
        >
        > http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/

        My recommendation would be pull down a trial copy of mindreef 2.0 from
        mindreef.com, have it act as a proxy between the two systems and let it
        tell you who is getting anything wrong.

        I havent used MSSOAP, dont know if it still being maintained, dont
        recognise 0X800A005B as an obvious error, etc etc. Worry about the basic
        issues 'is the url right' before worrying about interop details.

        If there is an interop problem, check with the axis-users mail list and
        consider filing it with the Axis bug db. This doesnt mean teams of
        otherwise idle engineers will close their slashdot browsers and spring
        into action fixing the bug, but someone may recognise the problem.

        -steve
      • Venu Kanaparthy
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2003
          Thanks steve for response, Mindreef was indeed useful in looking
          at the soap message. The cool thing is, one doesnt need to develop
          a client to test the server. Axis provides a soap monitor but
          does not provide tools for analyzing WSDL, creating SOAP requests.

          I knew that, the server functionality i developed in java and
          deployed using Axis Soap toolkit fine, there was only problem in
          choosing the right Soap Mapper in MS Soap Toolkit for client.

          All the while i was using CTM (Custom Type Mapper) that gave me
          problems for my case, but when i switched to GCTM (Generic Mapper)
          things worked fine. Now i am able to send complex type , arrays
          from Vb client and process them in Java.

          Next step is to use DIME and download some data from the server.

          Thanks again,
          Venu

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Steve Loughran <steve_l@i...>
          wrote:
          > soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >
          > > Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:00:57 -0000
          > > From: "Venu Kanaparthy" <madhavsinghk@y...>
          > > Subject: MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0 & Apache Axis Interoperability
          > >
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > I have a web service developed in Axis, input to the service is
          > > customer address and output is list of customers.
          > >
          > > I have a client in Visual Basic and uses MSSOAP Toolkit 3.0.
          > >
          > > I get following error when i send a SOAP message.
          > >
          > > SoapMapper: "Restoring Data into SoapMapper GetParcelsResult
          failed
          > > HRESULT=0X800A005B - Client:Unspecified error.
          HRESULT=0x800AOO5B

          > > Please lookat my wsdl and other documents. Any pointers will be
          great
          > > help.
          > >
          > > http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/
          > >

          > My recommendation would be pull down a trial copy of mindreef 2.0
          from
          > mindreef.com, have it act as a proxy between the two systems and
          let it
          > tell you who is getting anything wrong.
          >
          > I havent used MSSOAP, dont know if it still being maintained, dont
          > recognise 0X800A005B as an obvious error, etc etc. Worry about the
          basic
          > issues 'is the url right' before worrying about interop details.
          >
          > If there is an interop problem, check with the axis-users mail
          list and
          > consider filing it with the Axis bug db. This doesnt mean teams of
          > otherwise idle engineers will close their slashdot browsers and
          spring
          > into action fixing the bug, but someone may recognise the problem.
          >
          > -steve
        • xmlviking
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2003
            MindReef is killer :) I'm buying it this week.
            My only problem is that I created a custom WSDL document using XSD
            types instead of importing a general namespace w3c.dom.element, and
            the WSDL works fine ...at least I think it does....

            Does anyone know if I reference in the Service and Binding sections
            in my local file WSDL doc, will it actually use my local file copy or
            will it infer the WSDL from the host web service? Effectively
            overriding my local file copy?

            Eric

            --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Venu Kanaparthy"