Hurricane testing

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Christopher is one of the ZSI maintainers. With his permission, I
      forward the following.

      > As you probably know, Hurricane Isabel is churning out in the Carribean and
      > will most likely impact somewhere along the eastern seaboard later on this
      > week. My family owns a house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and we're
      > keeping our eyes on the forecasts coming out of the Tropical Prediction Center.
      > On top of our house is a Davis Vantage Pro weather station, connected via
      > wireless to a weather console. The weather console is connected via serial
      > to a laptop, and I'm running a daemon capturing statistics every minute.

      > For the past year I've been working on an open source
      > project named WeatherNet. The goal of the project is to provide a uniform
      > interface to meteorological data using industry standards. For my project,
      > I've chosen to use web services. The laptop sampling data exposes the
      > data using a web service interface.

      > The project page is located here:
      > http://meta-tools.sf.net/wxnet

      The SF page will soon have the WSDL file easily available for folks who
      want to (err) whip up a quick client of their own; for now, you might
      have to download one of the install kits.

      Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
      XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
      XML Security Overview http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html