Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP Interoperability Issue

  • Jim Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2003
      Looks to me like the request is missing a namespace declaration on the
      <echo> element below <Body>.

      You can see what it should be by debugging your service....load your
      project, hit F5 and click on the "echo" method in the browser. An
      example SOAP request should be displayed, something like:

      xmlns:tns="http://tempuri.org/"
      xmlns:types="http://tempuri.org/encodedTypes"
      <soap:Body
      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <tns:echo>
      <val xsi:type="xsd:string">string</val>
      </tns:echo>
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>

      Notice the <echo> element includes the namespace prefix "tns" that
      indicates its namespace. The .NET SOAP stack requires this namespace
      to match the method to invoke.

      Jim Murphy
      Mindreef, Inc.