SOAP Interoperability Issue

  • Maths
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2003
      Hello Guys,

      I am new to SOAP Builder's yahoo group. I came upon
      this group while trying to figure out an issue that
      has been haunting me.

      I have exposed a .NET web service. But my client is
      running their 'web service accesing client' program on
      an Apache web server. On testing my web service from
      their client (in JSP), they are getting the following
      error:

      echo Results
      Error
      (405)Method not allowed

      Request
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

      <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
      <echo
      soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <message xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello,
      World!</message>
      </echo>
      </soapenv:Body>
      </soapenv:Envelope>

      How am I supposed to solve this issue? It seems that
      there is an interoperability issue between my .NET web
      service and the Apache SOAP client.

      My main problem is that I will have to tweak something
      at my end to make it work. I cannot ask my client to
      tweak their code. Any help/Suggestions?

      Thanks in advance.
      Maths

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Jim Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2003
        Looks to me like the request is missing a namespace declaration on the
        <echo> element below <Body>.

        You can see what it should be by debugging your service....load your
        project, hit F5 and click on the "echo" method in the browser. An
        example SOAP request should be displayed, something like:

        xmlns:tns="http://tempuri.org/"
        xmlns:types="http://tempuri.org/encodedTypes"
        <soap:Body
        soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
        <tns:echo>
        <val xsi:type="xsd:string">string</val>
        </tns:echo>
        </soap:Body>
        </soap:Envelope>

        Notice the <echo> element includes the namespace prefix "tns" that
        indicates its namespace. The .NET SOAP stack requires this namespace
        to match the method to invoke.

        Jim Murphy
        Mindreef, Inc.