Re: Remote SOAP messaging problem with SoapExtension

  • jhuang40
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 11:06 AM
      Thanks Siddharth for sharing your experience. I now understand how
      you did (basically constructing MIME message yourslef). I was
      thinking that Microsoft might provide some SDKs or helper classes to
      handle MIME attachments easily but then I found that it only supports
      DIME attachments in SOAP Toolkit 3.0.

      You dont need to post sample code.

      Thanks

      -john

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Siddharth" <sbhavsar@e...>
      wrote:
      > Hi ,
      > I have not used any toolkit .
      > What i did was to create a multipart mime message using xml
      serializer and
      > stringbuilder to create my custom mime message as per the mime
      specification
      > .
      > Then simply create
      > HttpWebRequest object and set the headers and do a send and
      GetResponse()
      > method calls .Then on the web- service side on sreceiving the
      message I
      > remove the attachments by my custom parser by parsing the stream in
      the
      > beforeDeserialize() method and then pass the main soap message w/o
      > attachment to the .net framework .
      >
      > I cant provide the source code becos it's company confidential. I
      am sorry
      > for that .
      >
      > Hope this helps
      >
      > Siddharth

      SoapExtension

      > Siddharth,
      >
      > Could you please share your knowledge on how to send multipart
      MIME
      > message? Did you use Soap Toolkit 3.0? I could not find any
      function
      > that allows you to construct a multipart MIME message in MS Soap
      > Toolkit 3.0.
      >
      > Also please post your sample code!
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > -john
      >

      > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Siddharth" <sbhavsar@e...>
      > wrote:
      > > I am using a soapextension class to convert a multipart mime
      > message to theform understandable to .NET .
      > > When I am using a client (which runs on the same machine as the
      > webservice)to send a multipart MIME message to my webservice
      using
      > this soap extesnion class everything works fine .
      > > However , if I deplay the same client on a different machine on
      the
      > lan and which send the same multipart MIME message to the the Web-
      > service then it no longer works .I get back an internal server
      error .
      > > The trace shows that the webservice is entering the
      GetInitializer
      > () method and after that crashes .
      > > Could anybody tell me what the problem is and how do i solve
      it ?
      > > Thanks
      > > Siddharth
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor