Re: Remote SOAP messaging problem with SoapExtension

  • jhuang40
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2003
      Siddharth,

      Could you please share your knowledge on how to send multipart MIME
      message? Did you use Soap Toolkit 3.0? I could not find any function
      that allows you to construct a multipart MIME message in MS Soap
      Toolkit 3.0.

      Also please post your sample code!

      thanks

      -john

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Siddharth" <sbhavsar@e...>
      wrote:
      > I am using a soapextension class to convert a multipart mime
      message to theform understandable to .NET .
      > When I am using a client (which runs on the same machine as the
      webservice)to send a multipart MIME message to my webservice using
      this soap extesnion class everything works fine .
      > However , if I deplay the same client on a different machine on the
      lan and which send the same multipart MIME message to the the Web-
      service then it no longer works .I get back an internal server error .
      > The trace shows that the webservice is entering the GetInitializer
      () method and after that crashes .
      > Could anybody tell me what the problem is and how do i solve it ?
      > Thanks
      > Siddharth
    • Siddharth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2003
        Hi ,
        I have not used any toolkit .
        What i did was to create a multipart mime message using xml serializer and
        stringbuilder to create my custom mime message as per the mime specification
        .
        Then simply create
        HttpWebRequest object and set the headers and do a send and GetResponse()
        method calls .Then on the web- service side on sreceiving the message I
        remove the attachments by my custom parser by parsing the stream in the
        beforeDeserialize() method and then pass the main soap message w/o
        attachment to the .net framework .

        I cant provide the source code becos it's company confidential. I am sorry
        for that .

        Hope this helps

        wrote:
        > I am using a soapextension class to convert a multipart mime
        message to theform understandable to .NET .
        > When I am using a client (which runs on the same machine as the
        webservice)to send a multipart MIME message to my webservice using
        this soap extesnion class everything works fine .
        > However , if I deplay the same client on a different machine on the
        lan and which send the same multipart MIME message to the the Web-
        service then it no longer works .I get back an internal server error .
        > The trace shows that the webservice is entering the GetInitializer
        () method and after that crashes .
        > Could anybody tell me what the problem is and how do i solve it ?
        > Thanks
        > Siddharth

      • jhuang40
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2003
          Thanks Siddharth for sharing your experience. I now understand how
          you did (basically constructing MIME message yourslef). I was
          thinking that Microsoft might provide some SDKs or helper classes to
          handle MIME attachments easily but then I found that it only supports
          DIME attachments in SOAP Toolkit 3.0.

          You dont need to post sample code.

          wrote:
          > Hi ,
          > I have not used any toolkit .
          > What i did was to create a multipart mime message using xml
          serializer and
          > stringbuilder to create my custom mime message as per the mime
          specification
          > .
          > Then simply create
          > HttpWebRequest object and set the headers and do a send and
          GetResponse()
          > method calls .Then on the web- service side on sreceiving the
          message I
          > remove the attachments by my custom parser by parsing the stream in
          the
          > beforeDeserialize() method and then pass the main soap message w/o
          > attachment to the .net framework .
          >
          > I cant provide the source code becos it's company confidential. I
          am sorry
          > for that .
          >
          > Hope this helps
          >
          > Siddharth

          SoapExtension

          > Siddharth,
          >
          > Could you please share your knowledge on how to send multipart
          MIME
          > message? Did you use Soap Toolkit 3.0? I could not find any
          function
          > that allows you to construct a multipart MIME message in MS Soap
          > Toolkit 3.0.
          >
          > Also please post your sample code!
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > -john
          >

          > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Siddharth" <sbhavsar@e...>
          > wrote:
          > > I am using a soapextension class to convert a multipart mime
          > message to theform understandable to .NET .
          > > When I am using a client (which runs on the same machine as the
          > webservice)to send a multipart MIME message to my webservice
          using
          > this soap extesnion class everything works fine .
          > > However , if I deplay the same client on a different machine on
          the
          > lan and which send the same multipart MIME message to the the Web-
          > service then it no longer works .I get back an internal server
          error .
          > > The trace shows that the webservice is entering the
          GetInitializer
          > () method and after that crashes .
          > > Could anybody tell me what the problem is and how do i solve
          it ?
          > > Thanks
          > > Siddharth
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor