Mime WSDL

  • Grahame Grieve
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2003
      hi all

      I am reading the wsdl's found at
      http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/attachments.htm
      and the WSDL spec at http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl

      The exact nature of the link between a part of
      the SOAP message and the attachment is underspecified.
      in the example, and the soapbuilders examples, the
      name of the message part matches the name of the
      mime part, so the binary is expected to be a reference
      to an attachment. But this is not stated explicitly.

      Some questions:

      1. Is the soapbuilders example right to use base64Binary?
      (http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/mime-rpc.wsdl)

      2. Should a receiving application that works with the
      services described in http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/mime-rpc.wsdl
      be able to accept the binary parameter as either a
      base64Binary (as stated in the WSDL) or as an attachment,
      or should that WSDL be understood to say that the content
      can only come as an attachment?

      3. if the content that will go in the attachment is
      part of a complex type, how can the names be used to
      link the content to the attachment?

      4. a btw, the example WSDL seems to assume that the default
      namespace applies within an attribute with a QName type.
      My XML is weak, but I've not seen this before, and the
      schema spec appears to rule this out. Is this intended?

      5. while I'm at it: Is there any working implementations
      of these WSDL's?

      thanks
      Grahame
    • Grahame Grieve
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2003
        no response usually mean that the question I asked was stupid.
        If it is, can someone please tell me off-line

        thanks
        Grahame