Re: [soapbuilders] Re: Round 4 - Illegal Fault Soap Messages for Encoded case

  • Pete Hendry
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      Although section 2.3 says

      * *type*. Refers to an XSD simpleType or complexType using a QName.

      section 2.3.1 contradicts this with

      "if the message contents are sufficiently complex, then an alternative
      syntax may be used to specify the composite structure of the message
      using the type system directly"

      I think this makes the intention clear ("composite structure") but
      contradicts the definition of "type" above. One reason the simpleType
      may be included is for MIME where the part may be base64Binary or
      hexBinary which are simpleTypes.

      Because the spec is so vague (on just about everything!) different
      implementator can read into it differently and so provide different
      functionality. However, if interop is important to you then I would
      avoid using simple types with "type" (with the exception of defining
      MIME message parts).

      Pete