Newbie: Please HELP!!

  • chetandtl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Hi all,

      I am developing a Web Service using .NET Web Services that involves
      complex data types - user defined objects. This services is accessed
      from a J2EE Server that implements Sun's Java Web Services Developer
      Pack 1.1 (JWSDP).

      The J2EE side has finalised a WSDL that needs to be adhered to
      by .NET. The JWSDP sends .NET a SOAP request based on this WSDL only.

      So that serialization and de-serialization happens properly at both
      ends, similar classes are implemented on the Java as well as .NET
      side.

      When the web service is accessed with the .asmx endpoint in the
      browser, a WSDL is generated by .NET but that is not "the same" which
      needs to be adhered to.....the method name and all that are same but
      then there are other differences that I think are specific to .NET.

      When the service is accessed from the J2EE side their stack trace
      shows the following -
      ====================================
      java.rmi.RemoteException: Runtime exception; nested exception is:
      deserialization error: unexpected XML reader state. expected:
      START but found: END
      at
      com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._handleRuntimeExceptionInSend
      (StreamingSender.java:255)
      at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send
      (StreamingSender.java:237)
      at
      com.mobius.cmsl.adapters.AdapletSearchIF_Stub.searchAndGetResults
      (AdapletSearchIF_Stub.java:62)
      .
      .
      .
      .
      ====================================

      At our end we get the following(as generated by a port listener
      utility) -

      ================================
      HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
      Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
      Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:14:29 GMT
      HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
      Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:14:29 GMT
      Cache-Control: private
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
      <faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
      Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: . at
      System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at
      System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
      HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response,
      Boolean& abortProcessing)</faultstring> <detail />
      </soap:Fault>
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>

      It looks as if .NET is expecting some value in the "SOAPAction" field
      in the incoming SOAP request but JWSDP is not sending it?

      What could be the problem? Any help is appreciated......

      Where can I get more help on JWSDP and .NET interoperability?

      Thanks in advance....

      Chetan