SwA questions.

  • lordvega
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      I am trying to use Soap with attachements to recieve images from a
      web service. I am trying to write the service and the client using
      c# and have stumbled on a few questions. I was wondering if any of
      you could help me.

      For the server to send the images, the webservice would have to
      return mime type content. How would one go about doing this?. Do i
      use some library to construct mime type responses, or does .NET have
      some inheretn MIME support.

      For the client who makes this service call ,expects xml/soap type
      response. I would probaly have to convert the mime encoded response
      to SOAP. Where would one possibly do this? Do i have to use the SOAP
      toolkit to do this?

      Thanks in Advance
      Sincerely
      /John
    • Manu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi John,

        The solution to sending attachments thru .Net Web services lies in
        DIME Specifications using WSE 1.0 Patch (Web service enhancements) -
        WSE1.0.
        You can find a direct image example at the following link :
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/building/default.aspx?
        pull=/library/en-us/dnwebsrv/html/wsedime.asp
        It takes u step by step thru building this web service which passes
        images as attachments with the soap messages. I have also implemented
        a similar example myself .
        In case u have some queries ....do get bak ...

        Manu

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "lordvega" <lordvega@y...> wrote:
        > I am trying to use Soap with attachements to recieve images from a
        > web service. I am trying to write the service and the client using
        > c# and have stumbled on a few questions. I was wondering if any of
        > you could help me.
        >
        > For the server to send the images, the webservice would have to
        > return mime type content. How would one go about doing this?. Do i
        > use some library to construct mime type responses, or does .NET
        have
        > some inheretn MIME support.
        >
        > For the client who makes this service call ,expects xml/soap type
        > response. I would probaly have to convert the mime encoded response
        > to SOAP. Where would one possibly do this? Do i have to use the
        SOAP
        > toolkit to do this?
        >
        > Thanks in Advance
        > Sincerely
        > /John
      • Parameswari Krishnasami
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
          Hi folks ,
          I developed java web services and its working fine.Now
          i wanted to change my application to .net client.So
          what are the changes i need to make in my services to
          talk to Dot net client...

          Atpresent im using apache soap2.3.1 with
          tomcat4.1.24..I dont have exposure on dot net.

          Currently im passing java bean and im sure that i need
          to change XML encoding for this to happen..Any
          examples??

          Help will be appreciated..
          Expecting to hear from you ,
          Thanks and regards
          Parames.

        • lordvega
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
            Hi Manu:
            Your reply was extrememly helpful , i am trying to play with the
            example as i write this.

            The example uses DIME rather than MIME and i was wondering if you
            had a chance to do this using MIME as well.

            I would still look for a way to do this in MIME. If you input, on
            this it will be greatly appreciated,

            Sincerely
            /John

            --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Manu" <mohitchand1976@y...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
              There is no MIME support in .NET, If you have to use MIME, then you'll have to write
              your own MIME handling code. (or use a convertion service)

              www.pocketsoap.com