SoapExtensions in .NET

  • Siddharth
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2003
      Hi ,
      I am trying to use a class derived from SoapExtension class in .NET .But in the chain stream method if i am creating a new Stream object
      newStream = new MemoryStream() ;
      retrun newStream ;

      I can a "rootelement not defined error ."
      (I have added no other code that can affect the normal  flow through this object)
      And if I retrun the oldStream in the ChainStream method (that is the strem object received as a parameteer) this error disappears .
      Could anyone guide me as to where am i going wrong and how do i solve this problem ?
      I am using Visual Studio 1.1
      Thanks in Advance
      Siddharth