Re: [soapbuilders] .NET and Java web services interoperability

  • Mostafa El-Zoghbi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2003
      waht about WS-Security Interporability..!?

      Hanxue Lee <hlee20@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      I am currently doing a small "research" about the interoperability
      between .NET web services and Java web services.

      AFAIK, web services communicate using SOAP and SOAP is an open
      protocol. The web services are defined in WSDL files. The WSDL standard
      is pulicly available and each vendor's implementation can be compared
      to the standard. Therefore, as long as a vendor's product delivers what
      they claim to have, there should not be any problem.

      On the other hand, the non-Microsoft camp feels that most of the web
      services related standards are "monopolised" by Microsoft. They fear
      Microsoft might "innovate" on their own versions of those standards and
      create incompability.

      Of course, there are other issues when it comes to interoperability,
      but can someone point me to a starting point?

      Any opinions are welcome.

      Thank you in advance.

      Mostafa M.Arafa

      Computer Science Department .