RE: [soapbuilders] DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restri ction" for XML prim itive datatype

  • Saha, Saikat
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2003
      Hi Simon,

      Could you please provide a sample message/payload for this web service
      because I am getting http 500 when I post to the url?

      Also adding an attribute means you are trying to expand a simple content,
      please see the example in XML schema spec as below.

      Regards,
      Saikat

      <xsd:element name="internationalPrice">
      <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="xsd:decimal">
      <xsd:attribute name="currency" type="xsd:string"/>
      </xsd:extension>
      </xsd:simpleContent>
      </xsd:complexType>
      </xsd:element>

      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2003
        On Wed, 14 May 2003 16:14:45 -0700, in ws you wrote:

        >Hi Simon,
        >
        >Could you please provide a sample message/payload for this web service
        >because I am getting http 500 when I post to the url?

        I put an ethereal capture file up at
        http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/mp/2003/05/mstk.cap

        >Also adding an attribute means you are trying to expand a simple content,
        >please see the example in XML schema spec as below.

        but logically its a restriction, as the idea is to restrict the data
        to the media type specified in the annotations.

      • Pete Hendry
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2003
          Saha, Saikat wrote:

          >SimpleContent extension of a simple type:
          >
          ><xsd:complexType name="extending">
          >
          ><xsd:extension base="xsd:base64Binary">
          >
          ><xsd:attribute name="MyAttribute" type-"xsd:string"/>
          >
          ></xsd:extension>
          >
          ></xsd:complexType

          This is missing the <xsd:simpleContent> around the extension. Add that
          and it will be valid. As it is it's not a valid schema definition.

          <xsd:complexType name="extending">
          <xsd:simpleContent>
          <xsd:extension base="xsd:base64Binary">
          <xsd:attribute name="MyAttribute" type="xsd:string"/>
          </xsd:extension>
          </xsd:simpleContent>
          </xsd:complexType>

          Pete
        • Saha, Saikat
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2003
            Hi Simon,

            Sorry for the late response, I believe
            com.commerceone.xdk.xerces.parsers.DOMParser also would choke on this Dime
            based wsdl because of the restriction on SimpleContent contained within
            ComplexType. If I change the ComplexType to SimpleType in the WSDL as shown
            below, parser is happy.

            May I ask which parser is used by the various participants of the
            Interoperability team.

            Regards,
            Saikat

            <simpleType name="ReferencedBinary_doclit">
            <simpleContent>
            <restriction base="base64Binary">
            <annotation>
            <appinfo>
            <content:mediaType value="application/octetstream" />
            </appinfo>
            </annotation>
            <attribute ref="ref:location" use="optional" />
            </restriction>
            </simpleContent>
            </simpleType>

            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2003
              RE: [soapbuilders] DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restri ction" for XML prim itive datatype

              Sorry, the corrected version would be changing restriction to extension as shown below

               <complexType name="ReferencedBinary_doclit">
               <simpleContent>
               <extension base="base64Binary">
               <annotation>
               <appinfo>
                <content:mediaType value="application/octetstream" />
                </appinfo>
                </annotation>
                <attribute ref="ref:location" use="optional" />
                </extension>
                </simpleContent>
                </complexType>

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/W6uqlB/TM