RE: [soapbuilders] DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restri ction" for XML prim itive datatype

  • Saha, Saikat
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2003
      Hi Simon,

      Thanks for the response,

      What I meant in my email below is the restriction of simple type should be
      done in a simple type, in this case, it's expanding to a complex type and
      this is the reason why parser complains.

      Simple type restriction:

      <xsd:simpleType name="restricting">

      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:base64Binary">

      //do whatever restriction you need to do, for example:

      <xsd:minLength value="4"/>

      </xsd:restriction>

      </xsd:simpleType>

      SimpleContent extension of a simple type:

      <xsd:complexType name="extending">

      <xsd:extension base="xsd:base64Binary">

      <xsd:attribute name="MyAttribute" type-"xsd:string"/>

      </xsd:extension>

      </xsd:complexType

      Also regarding the GET vs. POST for the MSTK, I am not familiar with MSTK,
      but as a client if I wish to consume this webservice, what is the url I am
      supposed to use because existing url for service address location cannot be
      used, may be I am missing something.

      Regards,
      Saikat

      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2003
        On Wed, 14 May 2003 14:28:29 -0700, in ws you wrote:

        >Hi Simon,
        >
        >Thanks for the response,
        >
        >What I meant in my email below is the restriction of simple type should be
        >done in a simple type, in this case, it's expanding to a complex type and
        >this is the reason why parser complains.

        it has to be a complex type to include the attribute definition.
        The WSDL is based on the WSDL/DIME extensions draft that was published
        last year
        http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/WSDL-Extension-for-DIME.htm
        If Mike Deem is still lurking here, perhaps he'll comment.

        >Also regarding the GET vs. POST for the MSTK, I am not familiar with MSTK,
        >but as a client if I wish to consume this webservice, what is the url I am
        >supposed to use because existing url for service address location cannot be
        >used, may be I am missing something.

        In what way can't it be used ?, just POST to the url, i just re-ran my
        tests, it works fine.

      • Saha, Saikat
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2003
          Hi Simon,

          Could you please provide a sample message/payload for this web service
          because I am getting http 500 when I post to the url?

          Also adding an attribute means you are trying to expand a simple content,
          please see the example in XML schema spec as below.

          Regards,
          Saikat

          <xsd:element name="internationalPrice">
          <xsd:complexType>
          <xsd:simpleContent>
          <xsd:extension base="xsd:decimal">
          <xsd:attribute name="currency" type="xsd:string"/>
          </xsd:extension>
          </xsd:simpleContent>
          </xsd:complexType>
          </xsd:element>

          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2003
            On Wed, 14 May 2003 16:14:45 -0700, in ws you wrote:

            >Hi Simon,
            >
            >Could you please provide a sample message/payload for this web service
            >because I am getting http 500 when I post to the url?

            I put an ethereal capture file up at
            http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/mp/2003/05/mstk.cap

            >Also adding an attribute means you are trying to expand a simple content,
            >please see the example in XML schema spec as below.

            but logically its a restriction, as the idea is to restrict the data
            to the media type specified in the annotations.

          • Pete Hendry
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2003
              Saha, Saikat wrote:

              >SimpleContent extension of a simple type:
              >
              ><xsd:complexType name="extending">
              >
              ><xsd:extension base="xsd:base64Binary">
              >
              ><xsd:attribute name="MyAttribute" type-"xsd:string"/>
              >
              ></xsd:extension>
              >
              ></xsd:complexType

              This is missing the <xsd:simpleContent> around the extension. Add that
              and it will be valid. As it is it's not a valid schema definition.

              <xsd:complexType name="extending">
              <xsd:simpleContent>
              <xsd:extension base="xsd:base64Binary">
              <xsd:attribute name="MyAttribute" type="xsd:string"/>
              </xsd:extension>
              </xsd:simpleContent>
              </xsd:complexType>

              Pete
            • Saha, Saikat
              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2003
                Hi Simon,

                Sorry for the late response, I believe
                com.commerceone.xdk.xerces.parsers.DOMParser also would choke on this Dime
                based wsdl because of the restriction on SimpleContent contained within
                ComplexType. If I change the ComplexType to SimpleType in the WSDL as shown
                below, parser is happy.

                May I ask which parser is used by the various participants of the
                Interoperability team.

                Regards,
                Saikat

                <simpleType name="ReferencedBinary_doclit">
                <simpleContent>
                <restriction base="base64Binary">
                <annotation>
                <appinfo>
                <content:mediaType value="application/octetstream" />
                </appinfo>
                </annotation>
                <attribute ref="ref:location" use="optional" />
                </restriction>
                </simpleContent>
                </simpleType>

                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2003
                  RE: [soapbuilders] DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restri ction" for XML prim itive datatype

                  Sorry, the corrected version would be changing restriction to extension as shown below

                   <complexType name="ReferencedBinary_doclit">
                   <simpleContent>
                   <extension base="base64Binary">
                   <annotation>
                   <appinfo>
                    <content:mediaType value="application/octetstream" />
                    </appinfo>
                    </annotation>
                    <attribute ref="ref:location" use="optional" />
                    </extension>
                    </simpleContent>
                    </complexType>

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/W6uqlB/TM