DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restriction" for XML prim itive datatype

  • Saha, Saikat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2003
      DIME doc/lit web service WSDL has used "restriction" for XML primitive datatype

      Hi,

      I was trying to use the Document/literal style test cases for DIME described in this WSDL document <http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/dime-doc.wsdl>

      in order to verify interoperation and observed that the wsdl has used "restriction" for the base64Binary datatype. As base64Binary is a primitive datatype defined in XML Schema Part 2 Datatypes, primitive types are not supposed to contain "restriction". For this reason we get SAXException while parsing the wsdl.

      Could anyone please let me know if this is right to have "restriction" in primitive XML datatypes? Per XML spec, it does not seem so. Has anyone else encountered similar problem?

      Also the wsdl for MS STK 3.0 end point for DIME doc/lit has wrong url for the service address url at http://www.whitemesa.net/r4/interop4.html, it actually points to the wsdl file.

      Thanks,
      Saikat

      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2003
        On Wed, 14 May 2003 10:11:20 -0700, in ws you wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I was trying to use the Document/literal style test cases for DIME described
        >in this WSDL document <http://www.pocketsoap.com/interop/dime-doc.wsdl>
        >in order to verify interoperation and observed that the wsdl has used
        >"restriction" for the base64Binary datatype. As base64Binary is a primitive
        >datatype defined in XML Schema Part 2 Datatypes, primitive types are not
        >supposed to contain "restriction". For this reason we get SAXException while
        >parsing the wsdl.

        Do you have a pointer to the docs for that ?, I don't remember
        anything in the xml schema spec that says you can't restrict simple
        types, and in fact the first sample simple type is a restriction, see
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Simple_Type_Definitions

        >Could anyone please let me know if this is right to have "restriction" in
        >primitive XML datatypes? Per XML spec, it does not seem so. Has anyone else
        >encountered similar problem?
        >Also the wsdl for MS STK 3.0 end point for DIME doc/lit has wrong url for
        >the service address url at http://www.whitemesa.net/r4/interop4.html, it
        >actually points to the wsdl file.
        >Thanks,
        >Saikat

        That's how MSTK works, GET returns the WSDL, POST processes a SOAP
        message.