Re: [soapbuilders] File upload from browser using SOAP

  • Rico Pamplona
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2003
      As i understand it,  you would like to build a web based soap client  for uploading a file.

      In Delphi 7, you can do this in several ways.  One approach is...you can combine the Intraweb components for building the web application  and the soap components for building the soap server (stand alone, cgi or as isapi).  In this case your web server is a client to your soap server...e.g. you upload your xml file using a browser that calls your web server, then that web server calls the soap server.   Another method is use the file attachment feature in Delphi SOAP, then build a soap client that has the same feature.  A third approach, is build a soap method that has an array of string input, then build a SOAP client that allows array of string as an input.

      sreddykg <sreddykg@...> wrote:
      Hi Everybody,

      I am trying to create a program which uploads XML files from web
      browser to server using SOAP and which works on IE, Netscape on both
      windows and Mac OS.

      Any help on how to implement this?

      Thanks

      Srinivasa Reddy

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Srinivasa Reddy K Ganji
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2003
        Thanks Rico

        --- Rico Pamplona <rrpamplona@...> wrote: > As
        i understand it, you would like to build a web
        > based soap client for uploading a file. In Delphi
        > 7, you can do this in several ways. One approach
        > is...you can combine the Intraweb components for
        > building the web application and the soap
        > components for building the soap server (stand
        > alone, cgi or as isapi). In this case your web
        > server is a client to your soap server...e.g. you
        > upload your xml file using a browser that calls your
        > web server, then that web server calls the soap
        > server. Another method is use the file attachment
        > feature in Delphi SOAP, then build a soap client
        > that has the same feature. A third approach, is
        > build a soap method that has an array of string
        > input, then build a SOAP client that allows array of
        > string as an input.
        > sreddykg <sreddykg@...> wrote:Hi Everybody,
        >
        > I am trying to create a program which uploads XML
        > files from web
        > browser to server using SOAP and which works on IE,
        > Netscape on both
        > windows and Mac OS.
        >
        > Any help on how to implement this?
        >
        > Thanks