RE: [soapbuilders] File upload from browser using SOAP

  • Dick Brooks
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 9:00 AM
      I agree with Byrne. There are much simpler approaches to send documents over
      HTTP than using SOAP. There is a simple example showing how to upload a file
      to a server using a browser available at:
      http://www.tech-comm.com/as2upload.html

      You can ignore all the form fields, but if you want to send a file click the
      browse button and select a file to send then press the submit button. The
      server will simply echo back whatever you send it in the form so that you
      can see what the browser sent. The approach used in this example follows the
      multipart/form-data standard, RFC 2388:
      http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2388.txt.

      Regards,

      Dick Brooks
      Independent Consultant
      B2B Integration and Cyber Security
      Mobile:602-684-1484
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11 1:27 AM
        As i understand it,  you would like to build a web based soap client  for uploading a file.

        In Delphi 7, you can do this in several ways.  One approach is...you can combine the Intraweb components for building the web application  and the soap components for building the soap server (stand alone, cgi or as isapi).  In this case your web server is a client to your soap server...e.g. you upload your xml file using a browser that calls your web server, then that web server calls the soap server.   Another method is use the file attachment feature in Delphi SOAP, then build a soap client that has the same feature.  A third approach, is build a soap method that has an array of string input, then build a SOAP client that allows array of string as an input.

        sreddykg <sreddykg@...> wrote:
        Hi Everybody,

        I am trying to create a program which uploads XML files from web
        browser to server using SOAP and which works on IE, Netscape on both
        windows and Mac OS.

        Any help on how to implement this?

        Thanks

        Srinivasa Reddy

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Srinivasa Reddy K Ganji
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12 2:18 AM
          Thanks Rico

          --- Rico Pamplona <rrpamplona@...> wrote: > As
          i understand it, you would like to build a web
          > based soap client for uploading a file. In Delphi
          > 7, you can do this in several ways. One approach
          > is...you can combine the Intraweb components for
          > building the web application and the soap
          > components for building the soap server (stand
          > alone, cgi or as isapi). In this case your web
          > server is a client to your soap server...e.g. you
          > upload your xml file using a browser that calls your
          > web server, then that web server calls the soap
          > server. Another method is use the file attachment
          > feature in Delphi SOAP, then build a soap client
          > that has the same feature. A third approach, is
          > build a soap method that has an array of string
          > input, then build a SOAP client that allows array of
          > string as an input.
          > sreddykg <sreddykg@...> wrote:Hi Everybody,
          >
          > I am trying to create a program which uploads XML
          > files from web
          > browser to server using SOAP and which works on IE,
          > Netscape on both
          > windows and Mac OS.
          >
          > Any help on how to implement this?
          >
          > Thanks