weird server side problem in Apache SOAP

  • Cheng Hao
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      hello, I encounter a weird problem in SOAP ...

      When I have the SOAP server and client, in the server side, I defined the
      following interface

      -- String getUpdateVersion()
      -- String getAppListVersion()

      and it works fine when the client invoke such functions.

      However, when I add one more interface into the SOAP component,

      -- DataHandler getSingleFile()

      I got this error message when I run the client again

      -- Generated fault: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:]
      [faultString=javax/activation/DataSource]
      [faultActorURI=/soap/servlet/rpcrouter] [DetailEntries=] [FaultEntries=]

      The weird thing is that I didn't change my client program, that is, I
      didn't even call the getSingleFile() function ... i doubel checked that the
      serilization of DataHandler has been taken cared of SOAP already ..

      I'm using Apache SOAP 2.3.1, could someone throw me some light? It's kind
      of urgent now ...

      Greatly appreciate it !!

      John

      免费下载 MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn