xmlns encoding state?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
      I've just been told that Apache uses XML namespace to maintain state.
      > I say to you:
      > <createRequest/>
      >
      > The server says back:
      > <createResponse xmlns="12asd2321klj324jasdf231lkj......"/>

      Tell me this isn't true. Tell me I'm not going to have to add support
      for this. Please?
      /r$
    • Tom Jordahl
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
        Certainly isn't true for Apache Axis.

        --
        Tom Jordahl
        Macromedia Server Development

        I've just been told that Apache uses XML namespace to maintain state.
        > I say to you:
        > <createRequest/>
        >
        > The server says back:
        > <createResponse xmlns="12asd2321klj324jasdf231lkj......"/>

        Tell me this isn't true. Tell me I'm not going to have to add support
        for this. Please?

      • Glen Daniels
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
          Hi Rich!

          What do you mean by "Apache"? Apache-SOAP? Axis? The Apache web server? Xerces?

          Axis, at least, doesn't do anything like this that I know about.

          --Glen

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption! http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/bW3JAA/W6uqlB/TM
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
            Glen Daniels wrote:
            > What do you mean by "Apache"? Apache-SOAP? Axis? The Apache web server? Xerces?
            >
            > Axis, at least, doesn't do anything like this that I know about.

            All those OSS projects... who can keep up? :)

            Christopher Blunck, one of the ZSI maintainers, first came across this.
            He says:

            > Apache-SOAP. In it's "Stateful EJB Provider", it supports "stateful" by
            > doing namespace rewriting.

            He's not on the mailing list, so I've cc'd him on this message.