Re: [soapbuilders] Re: Mainframe as SOAP Client

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
      Actually - and I don't work for IONA, but I do happen to know that there
      whole product suite is based on SOAP-enabling mainframes and other
      legacy systems. You might want to consider contacting them. As for how
      much they cost - I don't know... but it might be worth a shot.

      On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 19:37, Geoff wrote:
      > I have heard of people running Linux partitions on IBM mainframe.
      > Within the Linux partition, you can use java and all that.
      >
      > Maybe you can run java as native in whatever OS you have, if you
      > dont like the idea of virtual OS.
      >

      > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Deepak Mahadevan"
      > <deepakm@r...> wrote:
      > > Is there a tool or service available that would enable a Web
      > Service
      > > invocation (consumption) from a mainframe enviroment. Basically
      > the
      > > mainframe would be a SOAP client. Let me know, your response would
      > be
      > > appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Deepak

      Byrne Reese
      Developer Program Manager
      Grand Central Communications
    • fraserbohm
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2003
        Since you've asked about mainframe support for SOAP and Web Services
        you may be interested in IBM's SOAP for CICS SupportPac which
        provides support for CICS to act as a SOAP client using HTTP, amongst
        other things. More information is available from IBM's web site at
        http://www.ibm.com/cics/soap.

        Cheers
        Fraser

        Fraser Bohm, CICS Development, Hurlsey, UK

        <deepakm@r...> wrote:
        > Is there a tool or service available that would enable a Web
        Service
        > invocation (consumption) from a mainframe enviroment. Basically the
        > mainframe would be a SOAP client. Let me know, your response would
        be
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Deepak