Re: Control the SOAP Response on the Server Code in C#

  • mahesh2115
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2003
      Eric,

      I tried with your code, the "PingResponse" tag is gone now. But, I
      am still getting the "PingResult" tag.

      I tried with different options but still getting the same result.

      Any idea ?

      Thanks,
      Mahesh

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Eric Rajkovic
      <eric.rajkovic@o...> wrote:
      > Mahesh,
      >
      > I have done some experiment with .Net WSE 1.0 SP1 and it looks like
      you can achive some
      > of this using specific attributes

      ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrappe
      > vs.
      > ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare
      >
      > will control the presence of the wrapper element on the
      request/response

      > MessageName="ChangeIt"
      > will enable you to overwrite the value of Ping
      >
      > I have not find a way to change the name of the inner element
      (either PingResult or ChangeItResult)

      > Here is how ny C# code look:
      >
      > [WebMethod(MessageName="ChangeIt")]
      > //[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute
      ("", RequestNamespace="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping",
      ResponseNamespace="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping",
      Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
      ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrappe
      d)]
      > //[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute
      ("", RequestNamespace="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping",
      ResponseNamespace="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping",ResponseElementName="MyPin
      gElement",
      Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
      ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)]
      > [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethod
      (ResponseNamespace="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping",ResponseElementName="MyCu
      stomResponseElement",
      ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)]
      > public string Ping( string text)
      > {
      >
      > In this sample, the commented line was to try to remove the
      SOAPAction as well.

      xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><NodePingRespo

      xmlns="http://localhost/NetworkNode"><NodePingResult><tns:PingResponse
      > > xmlns:tns="http://www.neien.rg/schema/v1.0/cdx.xsd"
      > > soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schema.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > > xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><return
      > > type="xsd:string"

      xmlns="">Ready</return></tns:PingResponse></NodePingResult></NodePingR
      > > esponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
      > >
      > > My requirement is, I should somehow not to send <NodePingResponse>
      > > and <NodePingResult> tags in the SOAP Body. I should control
      this on
      > > the Server code itself.
      > >
      > > Can anyone answer this please ?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Mahesh
      > >

      > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/
      S=1705701014:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      bin/autoredir?camp=556&llineid=3083889&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

      Service