Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP::Lite

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2003
      I too have not heard from Paul in a while. My last correspondence with
      him was in November. We have been conspiring together to kick off a new
      SOAP::Lite development effort to take it to full release of 1.0. It
      would entail quite a large rewriting effort.

      A sourceforge project has been created for SOAP::Lite, where ultimately
      to project will be maintained.

      I am currently working on an upgrade to SOAP::MIME and familiarizing
      myself even more with the SOAP::Lite code base.

      Soon enough, SOAP::Lite will undergo a drastic rearchitecture... in the
      mean time, SOAP::Lite is alive and kicking.

      Log feature requests and bugs at:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/soaplite

      On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 03:40, Randy J. Ray wrote:
      > > Otherwise, does anyone know which SOAP implementation for Perl is the most
      > > up-to-date and best to use ?
      >
      > SOAP::Lite is the most up-to-date, and the most complete SOAP toolkit for
      > Perl. The only other toolkit is much older, and definately not being worked on.
      >
      > The SOAP::Lite author has been unreachable for a while. He and I co-authored a
      > book on Perl web services, and I confess that I haven't heard from him since
      > sometime in late December or early January. So I can't comment on his current
      > level of commitment to the code. I hope to contribute some work to it in the
      > near future, so while it is somewhat stale at the moment, it isn't dead by any
      > account.
      >
      > Lastly, if you choose to experiment with it, you may find helpful users on the
      > "soaplite" mailing list, also hosted at yahoogroups.com.
      >
      > Randy
    • Tomas Bahnik
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
        > I am currently working on an upgrade to SOAP::MIME and familiarizing
        > myself even more with the SOAP::Lite code base.

        So maybe you could tell me if SOAP::Lite supports doc/lit wsdl in the right
        way.

        Tomas
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          Sad to say, but at the current time SOAP::Lite's WSDL support is not very
          robust. Let me refer you to the following thread regarding SOAP::Lite and
          WSDL::Generator: