Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP::Lite

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18 3:40 AM
      > Otherwise, does anyone know which SOAP implementation for Perl is the most
      > up-to-date and best to use ?

      SOAP::Lite is the most up-to-date, and the most complete SOAP toolkit for
      Perl. The only other toolkit is much older, and definately not being worked on.

      The SOAP::Lite author has been unreachable for a while. He and I co-authored a
      book on Perl web services, and I confess that I haven't heard from him since
      sometime in late December or early January. So I can't comment on his current
      level of commitment to the code. I hope to contribute some work to it in the
      near future, so while it is somewhat stale at the moment, it isn't dead by any
      account.

      Lastly, if you choose to experiment with it, you may find helpful users on the
      "soaplite" mailing list, also hosted at yahoogroups.com.

      Randy
      Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

      Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18 8:10 AM
        I too have not heard from Paul in a while. My last correspondence with
        him was in November. We have been conspiring together to kick off a new
        SOAP::Lite development effort to take it to full release of 1.0. It
        would entail quite a large rewriting effort.

        A sourceforge project has been created for SOAP::Lite, where ultimately
        to project will be maintained.

        I am currently working on an upgrade to SOAP::MIME and familiarizing
        myself even more with the SOAP::Lite code base.

        Soon enough, SOAP::Lite will undergo a drastic rearchitecture... in the
        mean time, SOAP::Lite is alive and kicking.

        Log feature requests and bugs at:
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/soaplite

        On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 03:40, Randy J. Ray wrote:
        > > Otherwise, does anyone know which SOAP implementation for Perl is the most
        > > up-to-date and best to use ?
        >
        > SOAP::Lite is the most up-to-date, and the most complete SOAP toolkit for
        > Perl. The only other toolkit is much older, and definately not being worked on.
        >
        > The SOAP::Lite author has been unreachable for a while. He and I co-authored a
        > book on Perl web services, and I confess that I haven't heard from him since
        > sometime in late December or early January. So I can't comment on his current
        > level of commitment to the code. I hope to contribute some work to it in the
        > near future, so while it is somewhat stale at the moment, it isn't dead by any
        > account.
        >
        > Lastly, if you choose to experiment with it, you may find helpful users on the
        > "soaplite" mailing list, also hosted at yahoogroups.com.
        >
        > Randy
      • Tomas Bahnik
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31 11:36 PM
          > I am currently working on an upgrade to SOAP::MIME and familiarizing
          > myself even more with the SOAP::Lite code base.

          So maybe you could tell me if SOAP::Lite supports doc/lit wsdl in the right
          way.

          Tomas
        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            Sad to say, but at the current time SOAP::Lite's WSDL support is not very
            robust. Let me refer you to the following thread regarding SOAP::Lite and
            WSDL::Generator: