RE: [soapbuilders] WS-Routing + Endpoint usage

  • Matt Long
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2003
      Message

      Wes,

      The point to me is that WS-Routing is neither asynchronous or synchronous in nature and does not prevent the coexistence of async and sync interaction along the message path.  I doubt that few if any WS-R routers actually handle this type of marriage.

      If any explicit URI is contained  in //rev/via along the forward message path, it indicates to me that the reverse path is not ‘different’ rather it is asynchronous at this explicit uri.  This would indicate that an http enabled WS-R router must handle both async and sync requests and responses in combination, e.g., receive an async request, send a sync request-response, then respond async along the reverse message path.   My not sure that this is “state-of-the-art” yet.

      -Matt