SOAP persistent

  • diego_pino_garcia <diego_pino_garcia@yah
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2003
      Hi,

      Maybe this is not a question to be asked in this mailing list, but I
      hope someone could tell me about this subject.

      I was working with SOAP these days (build SOAP server with Delphi
      6.0, and NuSOAP in order to consume web-service, but I think this
      question doesn´t matter about implementations), I have found soap
      objects create and destroy each time you send a request from client.
      It seems a good idea soap objects to be persistent. But, who should
      liable persistence. HTTP/1.0 is not persistent, but HTTP/1.1 has
      persistence feature. Almost web servers today uses HTTP/1.1, so if
      the client I´m using underlies HTTP/1.1, can I have persistence? (I
      don´t think so...).

      There is some papers about this topic? (I don´t read yet SOAP1.2
      specs, but almost SOAP1.1).

      Thanks in advance,

      Diego