Re: [soapbuilders] interoperability .net, websphere webservice

  • Griffin Caprio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
      Apache SOAP uses the default encoding styly of RPC,
      while .NET uses document-style encoding.

      I haven't had to connect .NET to a Java WS, but I have
      had to connect a Java client to a .NET WS.

      The only thing I can tell you is you might have to
      manually construct your message. Also, make sure you
      do it EXACTLY like the WS expects. Most of my
      problems came from bad formatting.

      -Griffin

      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      > <ns1:ping
      > xmlns:ns1="http://xxx.xxx.xx/xxx"></ns1:ping>
      > </soap:Body>
      >

      > I know that the apache soap implementation does not
      > have a default
      > encodingStyle and therefore one has to pass it
      > within every method tag! -
      > How can i define a
      > default encodingStyle on the server side. -
      >
      > Is there any other solution how I can get a
      > generated .Net client working
      > for my websphere webservice.
      >
      > Thanks for your help!
      > cheers
      > Raphael

      =====
      Griffin Caprio
      "Your child against mine. The winner
      will be hailed, the loser will be booed
      until my throat hurts!" - Homer Simpson to Marge

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com