interoperability .net, websphere webservice

  • Süess Raphael
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
      I try to connect my websphere 4.0 webservice with a .NET-generated client
      (C#). - Every call failes with the following exception:

      'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding
      style 'null'.

      The only way to properly access the webservice is through my own http/soap
      proxy. The difference between my own http/soap call and the generated one
      is
      that in my code i place the encodingStyle attribute within the method tag:

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns1:ping
      xmlns:ns1="http://xxx.xxx.xx/xxx"
      </ns1:ping>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      The following call was generated by the .Net client:

      <soap:Body
      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <ns1:ping
      xmlns:ns1="http://xxx.xxx.xx/xxx"></ns1:ping>
      </soap:Body>

      I know that the apache soap implementation does not have a default
      encodingStyle and therefore one has to pass it within every method tag! -
      How can i define a
      default encodingStyle on the server side. -

      Is there any other solution how I can get a generated .Net client working
      for my websphere webservice.

      Thanks for your help!
      cheers
      Raphael
    • Griffin Caprio
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
        Apache SOAP uses the default encoding styly of RPC,
        while .NET uses document-style encoding.

        I haven't had to connect .NET to a Java WS, but I have
        had to connect a Java client to a .NET WS.

        The only thing I can tell you is you might have to
        manually construct your message. Also, make sure you
        do it EXACTLY like the WS expects. Most of my
        problems came from bad formatting.

        -Griffin

        --- S�ess_Raphael <raphael.sueess@...> wrote:
        > I try to connect my websphere 4.0 webservice with a
        > .NET-generated client
        > (C#). - Every call failes with the following
        > exception:
        >
        > 'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding
        > style 'null'.
        >
        > The only way to properly access the webservice is
        > through my own http/soap
        > proxy. The difference between my own http/soap call
        > and the generated one
        > is
        > that in my code i place the encodingStyle attribute
        > within the method tag:
        >
        > <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        > <ns1:ping
        > xmlns:ns1="http://xxx.xxx.xx/xxx"

        > </ns1:ping>
        > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        >

        > The following call was generated by the .Net client:
        >
        > <soap:Body

        soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
        > <ns1:ping
        > xmlns:ns1="http://xxx.xxx.xx/xxx"></ns1:ping>
        > </soap:Body>
        >

        > I know that the apache soap implementation does not
        > have a default
        > encodingStyle and therefore one has to pass it
        > within every method tag! -
        > How can i define a
        > default encodingStyle on the server side. -
        >
        > Is there any other solution how I can get a
        > generated .Net client working
        > for my websphere webservice.
        >
        > Thanks for your help!
        > cheers
        > Raphael

        =====
        Griffin Caprio
        "Your child against mine. The winner
        will be hailed, the loser will be booed
        until my throat hurts!" - Homer Simpson to Marge

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com