Re: [soapbuilders] Re: HELP! Java & .NET Interop

  • Griffin Caprio
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
      Thanks for the heads up, but I actually fixed the
      problem. It had to do with how I was costructing the
      request in the java proxy. If it isn't EXACTLY how
      the web service wants it, it won't be read correctly.
      This includes line breaks.

      -Griffin

      --- "fun_guidebook <fun_guidebook@...>"
      <fun_guidebook@...> wrote:
      > The good news, is that Java and .NET do interop.
      > I'm doing the same
      > thing that you're doing and it works well. Your
      > soap body looks
      > ok ... Double check the spelling (and case) of the
      > parameter name.
      > It's got to be exactly the same for it to work.
      >
      > fun_guidebook@...
      > Fun in North Central Florida
      > http://www.lesliedunn.com/101/fun.html
      >
      > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "griffinc18
      > <griffinc18@y...>"
      > <griffinc18@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > This is my first post to the group. Here is my
      > problem:
      > >
      > > I have a .NET web service that has one function,
      > GetDocument,
      > which
      > > takes a int ID.
      > >
      > > I have a Java Apache SOAP client that communicates
      > with this web
      > > service.
      > >
      > > My problem is that when I build the Message for
      > the .NET service,
      > it
      > > contains the ID that I want to use. However, when
      > the .NET web
      > > service starts, it always has an ID of 0. Here is
      > an example of
      > the
      > > request:
      > >
      > > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
      > ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
      > > nvelope/"

      > > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      > > <SOAP-ENV:Body>

      <GetDocument><deliveryLogID>12</deliveryLogID></GetDocument>
      > > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      > >

      > > Why would the deliveryLogID be changed to 0 when
      > it hit the .NET
      > Web
      > > Service?
      > >
      > > Any help would be great.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Griffin

      =====
      Griffin Caprio
      "Your child against mine. The winner
      will be hailed, the loser will be booed
      until my throat hurts!" - Homer Simpson to Marge

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com